Welcome to the North Star Community Message Board! This public message board is intended to be a forum for discussing issues relating to same-gender attraction/homosexuality and membership in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Before posting, please read the following guidelines.
* NORTH STAR is dedicated to supporting individuals experience same-gender attraction and who wish to remain or become faithful and committed members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. We strive to create a safe, supportive environment for discussion and information on the web. This is not a place for undue criticism of the Church or for gay-bashing. Any message found to do either will be removed and poster will be banned.
* DOCTRINES of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints are taught and upheld on this forum. Although we invite differences of opinions, those expressing views contrary to the doctrines of the Church that could lead others away from the Gospel or discourage them in their efforts to be faithful may have their posts removed.
* North Star Message Boards should not intended to be used as a singles board. Those found to be using the Message Board to participate in behavior that is contrary to Church teachings and values will be banned.
* Profanity or explicit descriptions of sexual acts are not allowed.
* Please respect the feelings of other members of this board. There will undoubtedly be differences of opinion about various issues surrounding these subjects, and we ask that differences of opinion be respected. Personal attacks won't be permitted.
* If you are comfortable using your own name, by all means, do so. However, there are many visitors who are only beginning their journey and wish to remain anonymous. Be sensitive to others' wishes and desires.
That being said, you do have to sign up for an account to post. This signup is handled directly on the North Star server and will remain as private as you wish it to be. We will NEVER reveal your identity or personal information unless you wish us to.
* Enjoy your time here. We want to create a comfortable place for people to laugh, socialize, and find support that they may be missing in their life. We also want to become a source of strength and comfort to people who are struggling with some major life issues.
Many of you stumbled across this site while you were looking for something a little less appropriate. That wouldn't have happened to many of you if this had been a more closed, heavily moderated forum.
The down side of all of this is that we are also a little more vulnerable to privacy issues. So, here is a small list of suggestions for you to help make the Message Boards a little safer for you.
1. E-mail addresses are not allowed. Do not include a personal e-mail address in a post or in your profile. This is for your own protection, and to keep spammers at bay. If you want someone to contact you, ask them to use the private message option on the board. THE MODERATORS HAVE PERMISSION TO DELETE ANY E-MAIL ADDRESS THEY FIND IN MESSAGE BOARD POSTS.
2. Set your profile to give away the least amount of information possible.
3. Communicate with other board members through the Private Message system on the board. At least initially. This way, if things get out of hand, we have the ability to block that user from the site.
4. If you receive an inappropriate e-mail, please forward it to the moderator (you can ask for my e-mail through PM). DO NOT RESPOND. Many of the people who contact members inappropriately do it to get a raise out of us. We don't need to provide it to them. There are certain people who make it their mission to "infiltrate" our ranks and spread dissent. We will do what we can to weed them out.
6. If you have problems, please contact us. If they become too great, we'll try to figure something else out.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:37 pm
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest